Day 1 - paralel events 3
Regional waste management action plans and EU experience..
Moderator: Vadym Nozdria, Director of Lviv Communal Enterprise «Green City»
- Representative of the Ministry of Energy and Environmental Protection of Ukrain (with consent)
- Representative of Lviv Regional State Administration (with consent)
- Anton Usov,,Senior External Advisor, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Paul Stender,,Chief Engineer, Ecosoft Research and Production Association
- Dr. Jurgis Valiūnas,, Head of Department of Environmental Engineering, Hydroterra LTD
- Jack McQuibban,, Zero Waste Cities Program Coordinator from Zero Waste Europe
- Lidiya Boichyshyn, , candidate of chemical sciences, Associate Professor Department of Physical and Colloid Chemistry Ivan Franko National University
Setting up a municipal waste management system: Organic waste management..
Moderator: Sergii Klymenko, Representative of the EBRD Consultant on «Lviv Solid Waste Project»
- Vadym Nozdria, Director of Lviv Communal Enterprise «Green City»
- Olga Goitowska, Deputy Director of Gdańsk Public Utilities Department
- Klaus Hoppe, consultant on municipal structures for sustainable urban development, climate protection and waste management
- Enzo Favoino, Head of the Zero Waste Europe Scientific Committee (on Skype)
- Bob Bailey, Director of Climate Change Group («ENVIROS» company)
Lunch, informal communication.14:00-15:00
Separate collection and recycling. Extended producer responsibility.
Moderator: Iryna Myronova, Head of NGO «Zero Waste Lviv»
- Olga Melen-Zabramna, Head of the Legal Department of the ICF "Environment - People - Law"
- Anna Tarantsova, Deputy Head of Ukrainian Packing-environmental coalition
- Julia Stelmach, senior manager to work with authorities «Carlsberg Ukraine»
- Olexiy Oliinychuk,Director of Lviv Brewery
- Representative of Galpet (with consent)
- Representative of the Kiev Cardboard and Paper Factory (with consent)7
- Representative of Zmiev Paper Factory (with consent)
Working with the public. Information and education campaigns.
Moderator: Iryna Bilyk, coordinator of the environmental initiative "Squirrel - green thought in action".
- Iryna Myronova, Head of NGO «Zero Waste Lviv»
- Illya Petryk, Head of the NGO «Green Box»
- Oleg Kotys, Coordinator of the environmental initiative «Clean City Lviv»
- Valery Goncharenko,head of the NGO «CHYSTO.Vyshhorod»
- Olga Konyukh, co-founder of Psychotherapy Center «Verde»
Session «Solid Waste Management»,4 floor Lviv Arena.
Day 1 - September 12, 2019
9:00 – 10:00
Registration. Welcome coffee, informal communication.
10:00 – 10:30
Forum opening, welcome speech of organizers, city mayor Andrii Sadovyi, Deputy Minister of European integration Mykola Kuzio, Deputy Minister of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine Eduard Kruhliak. Presentation of the winner of the International competition "Stockholm Junior Water Prize” (UWS WaterNet)
10:30 – 11:30
Water Policy Strategy of Ukraine-2019. Presentation of strategy, discussion of the industry development scenario in view of the challenges for water and wastewater infrastructure - looking at 30 years ahead.
Moderators: Olga Babiy, vice president of the Association "Ukrvodokanalekolohiia"
- Eduard Kruglyak, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Regional Development, Ukraine.
- Viktor Tokarenko, Deputy Director of the Department of Life Support Systems and Housing Policy of the Ministry of Regional Development of Ukraine
- Dmytro Novytskyi, President of the Association “Ukrvodokanalekolohiia”
- Yevhen Mahliovanyi, Member of The National Commission for State Regulation of Energy and Public Utilities
- Oleh Bondarenko, people’s deputy, Oleksii Kucherenko, people’s deputy
- Matthew Griffiths, Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Jasper Pedersen, COWI, Denmark.
11:30 – 13:00
EU experience in the field of water policy. Examples of successful strategies implementation.
- Matti Iikkanen, NEFCO, Neighbourhood Investment Platform (NIP).
- Harald Fichtner, Mayor of Hof city (Bavaria)
- Marek Ryzhka, President of National Fund for Environmental Protection (Poland)
- Markus Reichel, DREBERIS GmbH (Germany)
- Richard Tuth, water services company of Freiburg (Germany)
- Tamás Gampel, General Secretary of Hungarian Hydrological Society
- Alexandra Bourgoin, Suez (France). City energy and management model as a key factor of success. (presentation 10 min.)
13:00 – 14:00
Lunch, informal communication.
11:00 – 13:00
Implementation of state policy on potable water quality. National target parameters and indicators for the Protocol on Water and Health in Ukraine and measures for its achieving. International policy frames and management tools in the field of water quality and water resources management.
Moderator: Dmytro Vankovych, chairman of the organizing committee of Lviv Eco Forum.
- Irina Ovcharenko, Head of the State Agency, «European model for water monitoring: Status of implantation and existing challenges» (presentation 15-20 min)
- Mykola Kuzio, Deputy Minister of European Integration, Chairman of WG on water quality and interdepartmental WG on the coordination of implantation of the Protocol on Water and Health. (presentation 15 min)
- Olexander Bon, Coordinator of the MENR on the Protocol on Water and Health and SDGs №6
- Anna Tsvetkova, NGO «Mаmа-86». (presentation 15-20 min)
- Olesya Zorina, Institute for Public Health of O. М. Marzieiev of National Academy of Medical Sciences, Kyiv (presentation 20 min)
- Mykola Foschy, First Deputy Chairman of the State service of Geology and Subsoil of Ukraine, (presentation 20 min)
- Volodymyr Punko, acting Rector of the University of New Technologies (speech 10 min). Assessment of mineral deposits of Ukraine.
- Ruslan Grechanik, Chairman of the Basin Council for the Western Bug and Xi’an rivers
- Valeria Burlakova, Business Development Manager for Western and Eastern Europe, DuPont Safety & Construction, «Review of European legislation on municipal wastewater and drinking water, implementation revision of existing laws» (presentation 20 min)
11:00 – 16:00
PRESENTATIONS of business companies of water resources management sector (President pew of Arena Lviv, 4th floor)
- Industrial group Ekoton. Modular solutions of EKOTON for treatment of enterprises’ wastewater. Examples of implementation: cheese factory, oil terminal.
- Vitkovice ENVI a.s. Reliable steel tanks for wastewater treatment facilities and biogas plants.
- Corporation "Energoresurs-Invest". Exclusive production technologies of large-sized polymer pipes, tanks, wells and sewage pumping station hulls.
- Company Riko. Engineering services and turnkey project management for treatment of wastewater, waste management, use of renewables and anaerobic digestion technology for biogas production.
- Production Technical Center «Dynamo-Kontynent» Solutions for Automation and Dispatching of water supply and sewerage objects.
- «Penetron-Kyiv» LTD. Application of Penetron system materials for waterproofing, rehabilitation and anti-corrosion protection of water sector objects.
- Company Nevda. Working with Deca Office electronic systems and software for accounting purposes for Ukrainian water service companies
- Aquapolymer Engineering Ltd. Leading design, rehabilitation and installation solutions for sewage pumping stations and wastewater treatment plants.
16:00 – 18:00
Meeting of the Association "Ukrvodokanalekolohiia" (UEFA Hall, 3rd floor)
Conference hall. Session «Water resource management»
Day 2 - paralel events 1
Heat and flood. Adaptation of cities to climate change..
Moderator: Julia Melnyk, camperwoman 350.org - Ukraine
- Svitlana Krakowska,Member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Svitlana Romanko, executive director of 350.org EECCA region
- Illia Yeremenko,Head of the Ukrainian Climate Network
- Anna Chyzhevska,Climate Change Department of the National Environmental Protection Fund of Poland
- Andrii Kyrchiv,Communication expert of the EU project "Covenant of Mayors East"
Switching to 100% renewable energy..
Moderator: Illia Yeremenko,Head of the Ukrainian Climate Network
- Julia Melnyk,camperwoman 350.org - Ukraine
- Roman Ruvinsky, freelance advisor to the Mayor of Lviv on energy efficiency and energy conservation
- Stepan Kushnir, Chairman of the Board of Khmelnitsky Energy Cluster
- Borys Pakholyuk, Director of the City Development Agency of Zhytomyr City Council
- Olena Vitrak,Head of Projects and Programs of the Association "Energy Efficient Cities of Ukraine"
- Andrii Kyrchiv, Communication expert of the EU project "Covenant of Mayors East"
Session "Climate Policy", 4 floor Lviv Arena.
Day 2 - September 13, 2019
9:00 – 10:00
Registration of participants. Welcome coffee.
Problems of industrial pollution of the country water objects. Rules for wastewater reception in centralized wastewater system: expectations and reality. Modern treatment technologies with the help of local treatment facilities, biological and chemical treatment, water re-supply systems. Phosphates in Ukrainian waters. Discussion of the draft law of Ukraine on state regulation in the field of detergents.
Moderator: Dmytro Vankovych, chairman of the organizing committee of Lviv Eco Forum
- Ministry of Environmental Protection / State Eco Inspection
- Oleksandr Humeniuk, Director of DEN «AK Kyivvodokanal». Cityecology that depend on enterprises effluents
- Halyna Antonova, LLC «Bilotserkivvoda»
- Matthias Worst, Ministry of the Environment and Consumer Rights of Bavaria
- Poland Water Services Association/ Polish Environmental Protection and Water Conservation Fund (by consent).
- Oleksii Miasoiedov, Chairman of research and technological solutions department, Industrial group EKOTON. Treatment and reuse of heavily polluted industrial wastewater.
- Petro Yerofeienko, Acting Director of Association of water and wastewater enterprises "Aqua-Bel” (Belorussia) / Oleh Hushcha, Association of water and wastewater enterprises "Aqua-Bel” (Belorussia)
- Andrii Mazurenko, project manager of the design department “Interprojekt GmbH” Selection of appropriate technologies and designing of effective solutions for local treatment facilities. Algorithms and arguments.
- Industrial enterprises with successful experience in implementation of local treatment (Enzym, Carlsberg, First Private Brewery by consent)..
12:00 – 12:30
12.30 – 14.00
Investment projects of water sector and their implementation.
Moderator: Viktor Doroshenko
- Viktor Doroshenko, Head of CPMU at the Ministry of Regional Development
- Shchyhurova Yana, President of Association of Engineers-Consultants of Ukraine
- Petro Yerofeienko, Acting Director of Association of water and wastewater enterprises "Aqua-Bel” (Belorussia)
- Volodymyr Kravets, Representative of Slovak Association of Water Companies. Implementation of the project “Healthy potable water for Kherson city”.
- Andrii Nikitin, Director of CE “Zhutomyrvodokanal”. Implementation of the project for urban infrastructure development 2, World Bank, on the basis of CE “Zhutomyrvodokanal”
- Dmytro Vankovych, director of LCCE “Lvivvodokanal”. Implementation of the project “Rehabilitation of the wastewater treatment plants and construction of sludge process unit for treatment and disposal of wastewater and biogas production for cogeneration of heat and electricity in Lviv” (EBRD)
- Borys Dudenko, Managing director of CCE “Mykolaivvodokanal”. Implementation of the project “Development of the water supply and wastewater system in the city of Mykolaiv” (European Investment Bank).
- Oleksii Miasoiedov, Chairman of research and technological solutions department, Industrial group EKOTON. Sludge dewatering with multi-disc screw dehydrators EKOTON-Tsurumi.
Lunch, informal communication
Conference hall. Session «Water resource management»
Parallel events and discussions on additional platforms:
Training for representatives of Public Relations departments/press services of water and sewage utilities enterprises.
- Olha Babii, vice president of the Association "Ukrvodokanalekolohiia"
- Hanna Slobodianiuk-Montavon. Urban Development in Eastern Europe. Presentation of the project “6 atmospheres” supported by the programme GIZ “Migration for Development” together with CCE “Mykolaivvodokanal”.
«Optimal ways to disinfect potable water. European experience, Ukrainian perspective»
- Volodymyr Kobylianskyi, associate professor of the department of water supply, drainage and water purification of O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv, Ph.D. in Engineering Science
- Anatolii Polishchuk, Head of CCBL (central chemical-biological laboratory) "Infox Ltd.", Ph.D. in Engineering Science
- Volodymyr Kostiuk, PJSC «AK Kyivvodokanal»